The School of Dentistry is a national leader in dental research. In recognition of our strong program and its high level of student participation, the School will be sponsoring Research Day:
Friday, September 19, 2014
8:15 AM - 12:30 PM
"Teeth: Top to Bottom and Inside Out"
Keynote speaker, Dr. Gregory Wilson, Associate Professor, Biology will present: "An Odontologist's Delight: A view of mammalian evolution"
The keynote address will be followed by presentations by UW School of Dentistry faculty:
- Professor of Restorative Dentistry and Associate Dean for Clinical Services Daniel Chan, DMS, MS, DDS, will discuss his research on dental hard tissue.
- Assistant Professor of Endodontics Avina Paranjpe, BDS, MS, MSD, PhD, will discuss research on dental pulp
- Associate Professor of Oral Health Sciences Tracy Popowics, BA, PhD, will discuss her research on periodontal ligament fibroblasts.
Since Research Day will be held during Prep Week, School of Dentistry classes and clinics will not be held that morning. This measure is being taken to encourage all faculty and staff, and especially students, to attend and participate.
New this year:
- CDE credit will be available for Research Day attendance
- OKU is providing cash prizes for the winners of the Dental Student Research Competition
- Seattle Section, AADR will be awarding a cash prize for the best graduate student poster
Research Day lectures will be held in Health Sciences T-625 from 8:15 am to 10:50 am, followed by poster presentations in the Health Sciences Center Lobby from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm.
Dental students in summer programs will be presenting their research at the poster session. Faculty and graduate students are also encouraged to present posters.
Entry forms for presenters, including poster abstracts, are due no later than Monday, September 8, 2014.
Abstract Entry Forms: https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/dentres/213523
Thanks to our co-sponsors, OKU and the AADR Seattle Section.