University of Washington Dermatology
Our mission is to provide outstanding patient care, train and mentor future leaders in dermatology, and advance dermatologic knowledge. We provide high quality patient care at multiple sites in the greater Seattle area, in conjunction with one of the nation's
residency and training
UW Dermatology Welcomes
New Volunteer Faculty!
CASEY CARLOS, MD
Dr. Carlos will be providing dermatologic patient care at
Hall Health on the UW Campus beginning May 2016.
Hometowns: Pittsburgh, PA & Seattle, WA
First moved to Seattle: 1985 and then returned in 2015
College: The Pennsylvania State University
Medical & Graduate School: University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Residency: Univ of Pennsylvania Dept of Derm, Chief Resident 2010-2011
Fellowship: University of Michigan, Dermatopathology
Dr. Carlos joins us after 3 year practicing dermatology and dermatopathology as an Assistant Professor and Residency Program Co-Director at the University of California San Diego.
Dr. Carlos is passionate about patient centered care and teaching our next generation of physicians. In the past she has served as chief resident at the University of Pennsylvania, as residency program co-director at UCSD, and has received awards for her teaching from local and national organizations. In addition to her work at the University of Washington, she also works in private practice with Dermatology Arts in Bellevue and Yakima, WA. She is particularly interested in infectious disease and tropical dermatology.
In her non-dermatology time, Dr. Carlos enjoys running, world travel, spending time with her family and her dog. She and her sister are attempting to see every US national park together.
ALICE ZHAO, MD, PhD
Dr. Zhao be volunteer attending on Thursday afternoons at the
UWMC Derm Acute Care Clinic beginning June 2016. She currently works at Everett Clinic in the Dermatology section.
Education and Training:
Dermatology Resident, UW 2015
PhD in Bioengineering, Georgia Institute of Technology 2002-2007
MD, Medical Center of Fudan University, Shanghai, China 2000
Clinical Education Interests:
General medical dermatology
I’m also organizing medical lectures within local community, to help patients from different cultural background acquire knowledge of modern medicine, adapt to healthcare system and improve communications with providers.
1. Murphy C, Zhao G, Berg D, Olson J, Argenyi Z. Squamous cell carcinoma with perineural and intraneural invasion associated with hyalinized tumor nodules: a diagnostic pitfall and review of the literature. Am J Dermatopathol. 2014 Jul 3.
2. Zhao G, Chamberlain MC, Khot SP, Shustov A, Olerud JE, Shinohara MM. “Central nervous system involvement in cutaneous T-cell lymphoma: 2 illustrative cases and a review of current literature”. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2013 Oct 1; pii.
3. Zhao G, Usui ML, Lippman SI, James GA, Stewart PS, Fleckman P, Olerud JE. “Biofilms and inflammation in chronic wounds”. Advances in Wound Care. 2013 Sep, 2(7):389-399.
4. Zhao G, Usui ML, Underwood RA, Singh PK, James GA, Stewart PS, Fleckman P, Olerud JE. “Time course study of delayed wound healing in a biofilm-challenged diabetic mouse model”. Wound Repair Regen, 2012 May-June; 20(3):342-52.
5. Zhao G, Hochwalt P, Usui M, Underwood R, Singh P, James G, Stewart P, Olerud J and Fleckman P. “Delayed wound healing in diabetic mouse with Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm infection – A model for the study of chronic wound”. Wound Repair Regen, 2010 Sep-Oct;18(5):467-77.
June 22, 2016
“Research Year Presentation: Vitamin D and Melanoma, Topical Itraconazole for Basal Cell Carcinoma”
Gina Kwon, MD, Dermatology Resident, 3rd Year
June 29, 2016