Retreat Registration: There is no registration fee. To ensure there is enough lunch for all participants, please register by Monday, 11/14/16.
Click here to register online
Poster Session: This year, we will again be holding a poster session during the retreat. All fellows/trainees are encouraged to participate. Abstracts (up to 250 words) should be submitted to DRC@medicine.washington.edu by Thursday 11/10/16. More details regarding the poster session will be emailed directly to trainees soon.
About the DRC
The University of Washington (UW) Diabetes Research Center (DRC) is one of 18 DRCs sponsored by the National Institutes of Health (grant P30 DK017047), to promote basic, translational, and clinical research on diabetes and related metabolic disorders.
The Director is Steven Kahn, M.B., Ch.B., Professor of Medicine, the Deputy Director is Karin Bornfeldt, Ph.D., Professor of Medicine and the Associate Director is Jerry Palmer, M.D., Professor of Medicine. The academic home is in the Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology, and Nutrition (Alan Chait, M.D., Head) of the Department of Medicine (William Bremner, M.D., Ph.D., Chairman).
The goals of the DRC are to:
- Create a strong and diverse research base built on a principle of collaboration among affiliate investigators;
- Provide services through six biomedical research cores, leveraging the available funding and expertise;
- Interact with other key research programs and facilities at UW;
- Operate a robust Pilot & Feasibility Program and sponsor other funding opportunities
- Sponsor an Enrichment Program comprised of a seminar series, endowed lectureships and symposia that create an environment of scientific interchange and education;
- Providing training of graduate students, medical students and postdoctoral fellows.