The UW Medicine Diabetes Institute (UWMDI), located at the new South Lake Union research campus at the University of Washington, seeks to advance understanding of the causes and consequences of diabetes, obesity and related metabolic and cardiovascular disorders, and to identify new approaches to their treatment.
To meet these goals our Center:
- Creates an optimal environment for the performance of state-of-the-art basic and translational research.
- Unites a critical mass of investigators with varied but complementary expertise to collaboratively address critical research questions.
- Provides core research support services that enhance the research capabilities of investigators both within and outside of the Center.
- Builds a network of investigators that cuts across departments, schools and disciplines to design and conduct research that creates new possibilities for diagnosis and treatment.
- Trains the next generation of scientists in the field.