We hope you and your students will consider joining us for our 10th annual Husky Day of Marching Percussion on August 24th. Due to your past support and the continued backing of Pearl Corporation, the event has blossomed into one of the premiere marching percussion clinics on the west coast. Below is a schedule of the day's exciting events:
- Registration and Check-in (8:30am – 9:00am): All students and directors will receive a packet with technique exercise and cadence music, a door prize ticket stub and up to two car/van parking passes per school.
- Overview of the Day and Technique Demo (9:00am – 10:00am): University of Washington Drumline Instructors Nick Molenda, Steve Henry, and the University of Washington Drumline
- Small Group Master Classes (10:00am – 12:00pm): You will work on technique exercises and classes will be led by members of the University of Washington Drumline. Back by popular demand, we will be having an advanced group taught by UW Assistant Drumline Instructor and Arranger, Steve Henry.
- Break and Door Prizes (12:00pm – 1:00pm): Please bring your own lunch, water will be provided.
- Small Group Master Classes and Directors Presentation/Q&A (1:00pm – 3:30pm): You will continue work sub-sectional master classes. NEW: This year we are proud to host a presentation for Band Directors by Nick Benson. Nick is the current marching program coordinator for Kamiak High School in Mukilteo, WA. Over the course of the last five years, Nick has been a key factor in propelling the Kamiak program to new levels of success each season, culminating in a 1st place finish in A Class with the Kamiak Indoor Percussion Ensemble at the 2013 Winter Guard International Regional Competition in San Bernardino, CA. Nick will be presenting his thoughts and philosophies that have helped guide the Kamiak program to consistently achieve new levels of success year after year. All Band Directors and other HS instructors are encouraged to attend.
- Full Drumline Performance (3:30pm – 4:00pm): Performance from work done in master classes
- Clinic Concludes (4:00pm)
Important information, please read carefully!
All participants will be asked to bring their own lunch (water will be provided) and equipment. We do have extra drums and if a student forgets his or her drum we will be happy to provide the necessary equipment based on availability. In order to ensure that all of your students have something to play, please bring your own equipment.
July 1 is the registration deadline. Below you will find the registration form which you can now fill out ONLINE! You will also notice that the registration fee has been raised by $10 from last season to $75. We did this to facilitate the addition of a guest speaker, so we are confident that this will be the best extra $10 you can spend!! :) Note that the clinic fee is $75 per drumline regardless of the size of your group. High School students only please. You can pay the fee by check made out to the Husky Marching Band or by credit to be relayed via phone following registration (more information below). The printed results sheet of your online registration will serve as your invoice, should you require one. If your school district is paying for the event, submit one copy of the printed registration results sheet to your district by the July 1 deadline. (Due to event expenses incurred by the Husky Band program based on pre-registration, we will be unable to refund your school's registration fee should you have to partially or wholly cancel your participation)
Whether your drumline is experienced in contemporary or traditional techniques; in its infancy, or perhaps you're looking to take the drumline in a new direction, I guarantee your students will all greatly benefit from the quality instruction they will receive from our clinic staff.
|Brad McDavid, Ph.D
Director of Athletic Bands