- Ph.D. Student in Aeronautics and Astronautics, University of Washington
- M.A. Mathematics, Arizona State University
- B.S. Mathematics, University of Nevada
- Networked Dynamic Systems and Control
- Optimal Control of State-Dependent Networks
- Modelling and Simulation of Robotic Networks
- Test and Evaluation in Systems Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- "Practical Approach to Increasing State-space Coverage for System Testing," M.D. Trela, J.R. Maximoff, INCOSE International Symposium, July 12-15, 2010 Chicago.
- "A Method for Analyzing System State-space Coverage within a t-Wise Testing Framework," J.R. Maximoff, M.D. Trela, D.R. Kuhn, R. Kacker, IEEE International Systems Conference, Apr. 4-11, 2010, San Diego.
- "A Roadmap for Responsive Software Systems," E.J. Birrane III, J.R. Maximoff, C. Krupiarz and B. Bauer, 7th Responsive Space Conference, April 27-29, 2009, Los Angeles.
- Research Assistant, Distributed Space Systems Laboratory, University of Washington, Sept. 2010 - Present
- Spacecraft Software Engineer, Embedded Applications Group, Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory, Nov. 2006 - July 2010
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Mathematics Department, Arizona State University, Sept. 2004 - Aug. 2006
- Mountaineering and Alpine Rock Climbing
- Acoustic Instruments and Traditional Music
- Wooden Furniture Design and Construction