CALL FOR ABSTRACTS FOR RESEARCH POSTER PRESENTATIONS
Poster Presentations: Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Submissions due: September 2, 2014
Graduate students, fellows, faculty, and community partners are invited to submit abstracts of findings from research, quality improvement, program evaluation, or other projects for poster presentation (on standard display boards/easels). This is an excellent opportunity for students, faculty, researchers, and community professionals to present your work to an interdisciplinary audience (and enhance your resume/curriculum vitae).
Research Abstract Submissions
The abstract may address any study/project with “findings” that are relevant to the conference theme (elder-friendly communities) or aging more generally. Your abstract can report on new findings or data that have been presented within the past 18 months.
- Each person is permitted to submit only one abstract for poster presentation as a first author.
- Your abstract should include a Purpose/Objective, Methods, Results, and Conclusion/Implications.
- The body of the abstract should be no longer than 250 words, with the title limited to 15 words.
- List all authors and co-authors in order of their effort on the project and include authors’ affiliations. Funding sources for the work, if any, should be acknowledged in the abstract.
- Abstracts should be submitted by September 2th to Kate Lorenzen (email@example.com).
Posters will be set-up between 7:00 and 8:30am on Wednesday October 8th to be available for general viewing. OR they can be stored by registration in a secure location and then set-up from1:30-3:00pm. The formal presentation will be from 3:00-4:30pm. Posters should be taken down between 4:30 and 5:00pm. The first author (or presenter) should register for the entire day and plan to be present during the formal presentation time to discuss findings and answer questions.
Review of Submissions
The conference planning committee will review submitted abstracts, with a focus on the quality and clarity of the submission as well as the significance of the topic and its relevance to the conference theme.
Notification of Acceptance
Presenters will be notified of acceptance by September 12th; early bird registration is available until September 19th.
Questions? Contact Kate Lorenzen, firstname.lastname@example.org | 206-685-6375.