INNOVATION SHOWCASE 
Wednesday October 8, 2014
Do you have an … innovative idea … creative solution … novel development … start-up enterprise … new model … or unique product …… that may help us build an elder-friendly future?
If so, you are invited to prepare a two- or three-dimensional interactive display of your innovation, productive collaboration, solution, or big idea. The Innovation Showcase will help us build bridges among research and implementation, education and practice, and academic and community professionals by offering a gallery of promising and creative ideas, programs, and models in the field of aging.
Innovation Showcase Submissions
- Each person is permitted to submit only one innovation.
- The focus of the innovation should be relevant to the conference theme of elder-friendly futures, such as aging in place, aging globally, or individual-/community-level change to promote healthy aging.
- Your innovation submission should include an abstract with: Purpose (e.g., what problem/need does the innovation address), Components of the Innovation, Showcase/Display Features, and Implementation Stage/Current Status.
- The body of the abstract should be no longer than 250 words, with the title limited to 15 words.
- List all authors and co-authors in order of their effort on the project and include authors’ affiliations. Funding sources for the work, if any, should be acknowledged in the abstract.
- Abstracts should be submitted by September 23rd, 2014 to Kate Lorenzen (email@example.com)
- note: a paid registration is neccessary to participate in the Innovation Showcase. It can be a one day only (wednesday) registration.
Innovation Showcase will be set-up between 7:00 and 8:30am on Wednesday October 8th to be available for general viewing. OR they can be stored by registration in a secure location and then set-up from 1:30-3:00pm. The formal presentation will be from 3:00-4:30pm. Representative(s) showcasing the innovation should register for the entire day and plan to be present during the formal presentation time.
Review of Submissions
The conference planning committee will review the showcase abstracts, with a focus on the innovation of the idea, significance of the problem it addresses, relevance to the conference theme, and clarity.
Notification of Acceptance
Presenters will be notified of acceptance by September 12th; early bird registration is available until September 19th.
Questions? Contact Kate Lorenzen, firstname.lastname@example.org | 206-685-6375
 Innovation Showcase displays are different from more traditional conference “exhibits.” The latter are meant to inform and engage interested attendees in established programs, services, or products of an agency, company, or organization.