Government employees are eligible for a $100 discount.
Includes refreshment breaks, review notebook, DataChem Prep Exam CD-Rom, and the ACHMM Hazardous Materials Management Desk Reference (726 pages). A is discount available for government employees and groups. Does not include exam registration.
The course consists of comprehensive instruction on environmental laws and regulations, health and safety requirements, and environmental technologies and practices in an overview fashion that highlights and emphasizes what is important for a hazardous materials manager to know. This course was developed to improve the attendee's understanding of hazardous materials management, aid in performing job duties and responsibilities in the future, and assist in preparing for the national certification examination administered by the Institute of Hazardous Materials Management (IHMM).
CHMM Certification Information
Additional information about the Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) certification or the Academy of Certified Hazardous Materials Managers (ACHMM) may be found at:
Exam applicants must apply with IHMM at least six weeks prior to the exam date.
Who should attend:
Individuals preparing for the Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) exam.
Professionals already working in the field that desire an overview of the areas of professional competency covered by the CHMM exam.
University of Washington
Dept of Environmental & Occupational Health & Safety
4225 Roosevelt Way NE, Suite 100
Seattle, WA 98105
map, directions, accommodations
- Chemical & Physical Properties of Hazardous Materials
- Sampling & Laboratory Analysis of Hazardous Materials
- Radiation Principles
- Toxicological Principles
– Industrial Hygiene
- OSHA Requirements for Hazardous Materials Managers
- HAZWOPER & Emergency Response
- Corrective Action
- Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA)
- Hazardous Materials/Hazardous Waste Transportation
- Underground/ Storage Tank (UST) Management
- Storm Water Discharge Regulations/Oil Pollution Prevention
- Groundwater Contamination & Hydrogeology
- Environmental Laws & Regulations
- Environmental Auditing, Risk & Liability Test Scenarios
- Waste Minimization and Pollution Prevention
– Management Systems & Tools
Jacqueline Drumheller, CHMM
Manager, Environmental Projects & Training
Seven Li, CHMM, CIH, CSP
Senior Manager, Environmental Health & Safety
D. Joseph Grojean, CHMM
Ecology and Environment
John Labadie, CHMM
Senior Environmental Analyst
Seattle Public Utilities
Sue Maas, CHMM
Training Division Manager
Argus Pacific, Inc.
Region X Course Chairperson and Instructor for OSHA 2225 Respiratory Protection
Dion Valdez, CHMM
Zelma Zieman, CHMM
Regulatory Assistance Lead - Northwest Region Governor's Office of Regulatory Assistance
Department of Ecology
Michael E. Berg, Ph.D., CHMM
Chemical Information Services
The Boeing Company
PRESENTED in cooperation with
The Pacific Northwest
Chapter of the Academy
of Certified Hazardous
- Join the ACHMM
- The Pacific Northwest chapter of the Academy of Certified Hazardous Materials Managers (ACHMM) is based in the Seattle, Washington. For information on upcoming meetings/events or joining the chapter, visit http:// www.pnwc-ahmm.org
This web site is updated weekly. Information on this course is subject to change and will be posted here as soon as it becomes available. Subscribe to our listserv to receive monthly updates or send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our mailing list.