Director, Graduate Programs
543-7883 (voice mail)
B.A., University of Washington, 1965
M.A., Claremont Graduate School, 1967
Ph.D., University of Minnesota, 1972
Areas of Specialization
Modern and Contemporary Literature and Culture; Women Writers; Theories of Affect; Theories of Gender and Sexuality
- Gender, Politics and Islam. Ed. With Therese Saliba and Judith Howard, University of Chicago Press. SIGNS: Journal of Women in Culture and Society. (2002).
- Feminisms at a Millennium. Ed. With Judith Howard. University of Chicago Press. (2001).
- Editor. SIGNS: Journal of Women in Culture and Society. 1995-2000.
- Provoking Feminisms. Ed. With Judith Howard. University of Chicago Press. (2000).
- Following Djuna: Women Lovers and the Erotics of Loss. Indiana University Press. (1996).