Director, Undergraduate Programs
B.A., English and Women's Studies Departments, Wellesley College, 1994
Ph.D., English Department, University of California, Berkeley, 2002
Areas of Specialization
Late twentieth-century United States literature and culture.
Activities and Interests
Modern and contemporary American Literature, theories of the novel, feminist, queer and critical race theory, psychoanalysis, and citizenship.
- "Aye, and Neoliberalism." Special Issue: Sexualities and Genders in the Age of Neoliberalism, Journal of Homosexuality (Summer 2012).
- "Documenting the Pedophile: Virtual White Men in the Era of Recovered Memory." New Formations 70 2010: 23-40.
- Everybody's Family Romance: Reading Incest in Neoliberal America. University of Minnesota Press. 2009.
- "Teaching Institutions: Feminism and the Pedagogy of Activism." FemTap: Journal of Feminist Theory and Practice, Special Issue on Feminist Pedagogy Spring 2008.
- "Surviving the Family Romance? Southern Realism and the Labor of Incest in Bastard Out of Carolina." The Southern Literary Journal Fall 2007: 114-139.
- "Seduction by Law: Sexual Property and Testimonial Possession in Thereafter Johnnie." Discourse: Journal for Theoretical Studies in Media and Culture, Special Issue on Testimony 25.1-2 (Winter 2003): 138-165.
- "Telling Fact from Fiction: Dorothy Allison's Disciplinary Stories." Incest and the Literary Imagination Elizabeth Barnes. Florida University Press 2002: 283-315.