Director, Interdisciplinary Writing
543-2190 (voice mail)
B.A., Rockford College, 1973
M.A., University of Washington, 1977
Ph.D., University of Washington, 1986
Areas of Specialization
Central European Literatures in Translation, Political Economy, Writing across the Curriculum and the Natural Sciences in particular.
- "More New Writing from Serbia: Post Modern Excavations of the Common Life." Transconflict November 2012.
- "Kiš, Selenić, Ugrešić and after – Archivists of Yugoslavia Disappeared." Transconflict October 2011.
- "Home and Away: Decentering and the City." Arcade Art/Design in the Northwest: Image and Identity Vol. 21, Number One; Autumn 2002, p. 17-18.
- "Mass Society/Mass Novel: the Politics of Representation in Don DeLillo's Libra." Works and Days 8.1 (1990), pp. 67-88.
- "Ezra Pound and the Visual: Notations for New Subjects in The Cantos." Image and Ideology. David Downing and Susan Bazargan Editors. SUNY at Albany Press. 1991, pp. 85-103.
- "The Subject Re-Positioned/the Subject Re-possessed: the Performative Ethos of Pound's Pisan Cantos." Paideuma 21:1&2 (1992), pp. 81-100.