Dong Hoon Choi
Position: Visiting Scientist
January 2003 - Present Visiting Professor
- Second-order Nonlinear Optical Active chromophore
- Functional NLO dendrimer
- Sol-gel Materials and Linear/Nonlinear Optic Application
- Photorefractive Organic Materials
- Hologram Materials
- Two Photon Absorption: Dyes and Dendrimerg
Ph.D. 1986-1991(May) The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Macromolecular Science & Engineering, Polymer Chemistry Major
Associate Professor(2002) - Kyung Hee University, Korea
1. Control of Photorefractive Effect using Functionalized Sol-gel Composite. Polymer Bulletin, 49, 173-180 (2002)
2. Diffraction behavior of photorefractive molecular materials containing phenothiazine derivatives, Applied Physics Lett., 81, 25 (2002).
3. Photorefractive molecular composite fabricated by the phenothiazine derivatives, Mol. Cryst. and Liq. Cryst. 377, 281-284 (2002)
4. Dynamics of grating formation in photorefractive sol-gel composites, Optical Materials, 21, 373-377 (2002)
5. Photo-alignment of low molecular mass nematic liquid crystals on photoreactive polyimide and polymethacrylate film by irradiation of a linearly polarized UV light, Polymer Bulletin, 48, 373-380 (2002).
6. Catalytic hydrogenation of o-nitrochlorobenzene to 3,3'-dichlorobenzidine, Bull. of the Kor. Chem. Soc., 23, 12 (2002).
7. Synthesis and photoisomerization properties of polynorbornenes with azobenzene chromophore, Bull. of the Kor. Chem. Soc., 23, 7, 957-963 (2002)
8. Low-threshold blue amplified spontaneous emission in a statistical copolymer and its blend, Applied Physics Lett., 81, 3, 424-426 (2002)
9. Unusual characteristics of diffraction gratings in the liquid crystal cell fabricated with an alignment layer of azobenzene-containing amorphous polymer, Advanced Materials, 14, 13-14, 4983-988 (2002)
10. Reversible polarization gratings on the thin films of polyoxetanes bearing 4-(N,N-
diphenyl) amino-4'-nitroazobenzene chromophores, Advanced Functional Materials, 12, 10, 670 (2002).
11. Photochemical reactions of the dimethacrylate compound containing a chalcone moiety in the main chain, European Polymer J. 38, 6, 1203 (2002).
12. Optical anisotropy and its temporal stability of chalcone-based epoxy compound for liquid crystal alignment layer, Polymer, 43, 703 (2002).
13. Optical anisotropy of soluble polyimide containing photoreactive chalcone group in the side chain under irradiation of a linearly polarized UV light, Bull. of the Kor. Chem. Soc., 23, 3 (2002).
14. Photo-alignment of low-molecular mass nematic liquid crystals on photochemically bifunctional chalcone-epoxy film by irradiation of a linearly polarized UV light, Bull. of the Kor. Chem. Soc., 23, 4 (2002).