Epi Soul logo image Epi Soul logo image
  1. UW Home |
  2. SPH  |
  3. Other Departments |
online giving

Clinical Research Certificate Programs
How to Apply

Application Deadlines

  • Applications for Autumn Quarter due August 1st

Current UW Graduate/Professional Students

Submit all of the items below by the application deadline to the Epidemiology Program Office, attn: Clinical Research Certificate Program.
  • Application for Admission
  • Goal Statement
  • Current Curriculum Vitae
  • Print and send your current (unofficial) UW transcript from MyUW
  • Have your current UW department send the following:
      a) copies of your previous transcripts
      b) a copy of your previous UW Graduate or Professional School application

Non-UW Graduate/Professional Students

If you are not or will not be a UW graduate or professional degree student by the quarter you enter the certificate program, you must apply as a Graduate Non-Matriculated Student (GNM). This involves two steps:
  • Apply to the UW for GNM status
  • Apply to the Epidemiology Department for the Certificate Program
Step 1: Applying to the UW for GNM status: Apply on-line and complete your application for GNM status by August 1 for autumn entry.
  • Visit Graduate School Application and create a new Profile.
  • Select "Graduate Non-Matriculated" and "Public Health-Epidemiology-MS(Clinical Research)".
  • Upload your goal statement, CV, and scans of your transcripts, including coursework from UW..
Additional requirements for International Students
  • International applicants without a prior U.S. degree or US medical license must also provide official an acceptable TOEFL or IELTS score by the deadline to institution code 4854 (no department code needed).
  • An international applicant must hold a visa that allows him/her to take university coursework. A student visa cannot be provided for this program.
Step 2: Applying to the Epidemiology Department for the Certificate Program: ***Note for GNM applicants***
A GNM student will lose his/her GNM status through any of the following:
  • not registering for the quarter admitted
  • not registering for 4 consecutive quarters (i.e., you can be unregistered for up to 3 quarters in a row, but after the 4th consecutive quarter of not being registered, you will lose your GNM status)
  • for students using the Faculty/Staff Tuition Exemption, not registering for any academic quarter

If a student loses his/her GNM status, s/he must re-apply for GNM status through the Graduate School (see Step 1 above).

Updated on July 9, 2012