Application Submission Instructions
I. General Directions
To apply for admission to the Epidemiology Department at the University of Washington applicants must complete the Graduate
School on-line application, upload items to the UW
Graduate Admissions system, and send official transcripts to the Department of Epidemiology.
II. Deadlines - Apply between October 1 and December 1.
Applications started prior to Oct. 1 may be using the previous year's application, and need additional documents.
Criteria - Read before
IV. Items for online Graduate
Click on each linked item in advance of application to view detailed
requirements. Be sure to read the Graduate Admissions instructions
within the online application in detail. References, test scores, and official transcripts are due 2 weeks after
the online submission deadline, although earlier is strongly preferred.
All uploaded documents, including references must be in PDF.
V. Transcript Requirement to Enroll
VI. Additional Requirements for International
Students or Holders of a Foreign Degree
Read information at Required Application Materials for
- Have your official TOEFL, IELTS or PTE score sent directly from the testing organization to UW so it arrives by December 15, earlier preferred.
- Be prepared to send all of the following to UW Graduate
Admissions after receiving an admission email from the Epidemiology Department. You will receive directions about how and where to
send the items at that time.
- Copy of UW application form with original signature from international applicants
- Financial Ability Form
(specific UW form) and official financial documents
from international applicants
- Copy of official visa eligibility certificate, visa stamp, I-94, and any current visa forms, if applicable
- A letter from the registrar of your institution certifying that your bachelor's degree institution only uses English
must be sent to the Graduate School with a copy to Epidemiology. See English Language for more information
Click on the appropriate item above.
- Application Content or UW Procedure Questions: email@example.com
- Problems with online application system: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completion Questions: Log back into your UW application (or contact
206-543-1065). We do not begin processing applications until November so will not be able to answer completion questions until then. Please DO
NOT contact us about the completeness of your
application before submitting it or for two weeks afterward. If you
submit near the deadline, wait a week after the deadline to contact us to
allow for processing.