Scans of Official Transcripts submitted with online application
- Upload PDF scans only (no JPEG or other scans) of all official transcripts online before submitting application by December 1.
- Epidemiology requires scans of OFFICIAL transcripts despite what the online application says.
- Include 1 grading scale information sheet for each institution attended after the transcript.
- Make sure the scan is right side up and easily readable.
- Do NOT scan 2 pages to 1 page.
- The scans for each institution must be 1 mb or less.
- copy the official transcripts in black and white on a high-quality copier, reducing the background if dark.
- scan the copy to PDF using file size reduction on a high quality scanner.
- Do NOT upload official electronic transcripts sent by some institutions. Print them and rescan.
- If you are taking courses when you apply, send your full fall grade report to firstname.lastname@example.org as
as soon as you receive your grades.
WES Transcripts for Foreign Degrees Helpful
- If you have already asked World Education Services (WES) to evaluate your transcript, a copy should be included in your application.
- You do not need to request a WES transcript if you have not already acquired one. We can calculate your equivalent GPA, especially if you
include a document from the institution explaining the grading system and how it relates to the U.S. system. Allowance is made for
differing grading standards.
- If you already have one, you do not need to order an official WES transcript. Just make a PDF scanned copy and upload it to the system. (UW does not use WES
officially, but it helps the Epidemiology Admissions Committee.)
- Be sure to include a copy of your English transcript in the same PDF file.
- You can add the letters "WES" to the institution's name so you can create a new entry.
- You may need to reduce the size of the scan because the maximum file size is 1 mb.
Another Official Transcript Required to Enroll in Graduate Degree Program
- To enroll in a graduate degree program at the UW, you must have an official transcript sent to the UW Graduate School AFTER
deciding to enroll.
- If you are admitted, you will be asked for a transcript to be sent directly from the institution specified in your online admission
information. Instructions will appear on the status page of your application after
you receive an offer of admission.
- It must include proof that the degree was conferred so you may not be able to send this immediately.
- Do not request the transcript until you are admitted and the applicable degree has been conferred.
- It must be sent directly from the institution granting the degree to the UW Graduate School, not from the applicant
- More information is at
This page was last updated on
November 18, 2013