Affiliate Assistant Professor, Epidemiology
EducationMS Epidemiology, University of Washington, 2004
PhD Epidemiology, University of Washington, 2010
BA Neurobiology, Cornell University, 1998
Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health Division of Epidemiology & Biostatistics
1295 N. Martin Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85724
Eyal Oren is an Assistant Professor, and infectious disease and social epidemiologist at the Division of Epidemiology & Biostatistics, Mel & Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, University of Arizona (UA). His research group focuses on investigating respiratory diseases. The group works on multidisciplinary, collaborative projects that are innovative and emphasize new tools and technologies. Methodologically, the focus is on the intersection between social, environmental and spatial epidemiologic methods, and their application to health disparities.
Eyal holds a PhD and MS in epidemiology from the University of Washington in Seattle.
- Infectious disease epidemiology
- Tuberculosis (both active disease and latent infection)
- Molecular epidemiology
- Epidemiology in public health practice
- Surveillance systems
- Assessment of new technologies
- Social epidemiology and health disparities
- Global and border health
- Program evaluation, Monitoring & Evaluation
- Climate change and respiratory health outcomes
Please go to Google Scholar for an updated list of publications