Job# 6009 - NGO Associate Director Position for Salud Juntos (Seattle, WA)
Posted: February 1, 2013
Closes: February 19, 2013
Position Title: Associate Director
Application Deadline: February 19, 2013
Hours/Week: approx. 8
Start Date: March 18, 2013
End Date: March 17, 2014
Supervisor: Sheridan Reiger and Salud Juntos Board of Directors
Monthly Salary: $500.00
Benefits: Position is not Benefits Eligible
Position Summary: The primary job duties of this individual will be to serve as administrator and development director for the small international NGO, Salud Juntos (www.saludjuntos.org). The individual will work under the general direction of the executive director Sheridan Reiger and will report to the Salud Juntos board of directors. Additionally, this individual will be expected to maintain frequent contact with volunteers and donors through print and electronic media.
Specific Job Functions:
In addition, this individual will be responsible for heading the fundraising committee and organizing the annual Seattle fundraiser. The individual will have the opportunity to participate in program planning and evaluation projects with the organization under the guidance of the programming chair.
• Compile monthly internal update reports for Salud Juntos board members and volunteers.
• Keep website content up to date and manage online communications in the form of blog posts, Twitter
feeds, and Facebook presence.
• Stay in touch with donors through quarterly newsletters, electronic communications, and mailings.
• Attend quarterly board meetings which take place in Seattle.
• Administrative and organizational ability or experience
• Strong autonomous worker
• Fundraising experience
• Community health/global health interest or experience
• Excellent problem-solving, communication skills and the ability to work with a multidisciplinary team
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, independently manage workflow, and maintain attention to detail
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Software and use of Wordpress
Preferred Qualifications (optional):
• Bachelor’s degree and/or path toward attaining graduate degree in Public Health, Global Health, Public Administration, Communications, International Relations, or Non-Profit Management.
• Proficiency or fluency in Spanish (spoken and written)
• Data analysis background and familiarity with data analysis computer programs (STATA, SAS, R)
• Communication/Graphic Design background
• Experience blogging, writing newsletters, or with other communications focused tasks
Application Procedure: Curriculum Vitae/Resume with Cover Letter, Interview
Name: Sheridan Reiger
For more info please see http://sph.washington.edu/files/jobs/NGO-Associate-Director-Position-for-Salud-Juntos-2-1-2013.pdf
Back to the Job Listings page