Job# 6022 - Clinical Research Associate (Kansas City, MO)
Posted: February 6, 2013
Closes: March 15, 2013
Starting July 2013, a 1–2 year clinical research associate/fellowship is available at the Kansas City VA Medical Center. The fellow will work with Dr Prateek Sharma and his team, a nationally recognized unit on Barrett's esophagus, GERD, upper gastrointestinal diseases and novel imaging techniques. The applicant will be able to participate in clinical research including clinical trials, writing and reviewing grants and manuscripts. This is a great opportunity for those wishing to pursue a career in academic medicine. International students/medical graduates can also apply.
Application Procedure: Send Curriculum Vitae to April Higbee, April.Higbee@va.gov. Phone 816-861-4700 Ext: 57456
- The duties of this individual will be to coordinate the transfer and analysis of patient data to Microsoft Access.
- To conduct data entry and data management activities (data cleaning, verification and variable creation), and to perform basic preliminary data analysis. S/he will assist the Principal Investigator and other staff in conducting, evaluating, and synthesizing clinical research on a range of topics related to upper gastrointestinal disorders. Overall, this individual will help with the general coordination and running of the research projects, including completing and maintaining the IRB applications, conducting literature reviews, helping downloading and data management/cleaning and other tasks as assigned , conducting statistical analyses as needed, analyzing results, providing input to conclusions, and presenting results. The individual will work under the general direction of Dr. Sharma.
- The Research Fellow will also provide research support in the form of editing and formatting manuscripts for submission and coordinating interaction amongst coauthors and editors.
- Work collaboratively with other investigators to develop support the clinical trials and help in drafting NIH grants.
- Develop and maintain databases of data and other relevant data.
- Assist with analyses of evaluation data using standard statistical techniques.
- Knowledge of pathophysiology of Gastrointestinal Disorders.
- Basic statistical skills and an understanding of basic epidemiologic study design and principles.
- Experience with statistical programming packages (STATA / SAS)
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, and independently manage workflow and identify next steps.
Back to the Job Listings page