Job# 6031 - Epidemiologist 3 (Non-Medical) - Chronic Disease Unit SUPERVISOR (Tumwater, WA)
Posted: February 11, 2013
Closes: April 30, 2013
The Washington State Department of Health is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Chronic Disease Unit SUPERVISOR (Epidemiologist 3 – Non-Medical) in the Prevention and Community Health Division, Office of Healthy Communities, Surveillance and Evaluation Section. To learn more about the Office of Healthy Communities, visit http://www.doh.wa.gov/AboutUs/ProgramsandServices/PreventionandCommunityHealth/OfficeofHealthyCommunities.aspx.
The mission of the Surveillance and Evaluation (S&E) Section is to provide strategic information to guide policy and programs that serve the populations in Washington State. S&E gathers, analyzes, interprets and reports on data that describes the health status, health care, behaviors and other pertinent issues related to health. S&E also evaluates programs for alignment with stated protocols and/or methods, effectiveness and degree of impact. Under the direction of the section manager, this position leads and supervises a team of evaluation staff, providing evaluation leadership, coordination and expertise.
- Supervises epidemiologists and other evaluation staff within the Chronic Disease Epidemiology Unit.
- Provides epidemiologic and surveillance leadership and expertise, primarily focusing on chronic diseases.
- Publishes reports and presentations, as needed.
- Analyzes and interprets health status and health care data.
- Master's degree or higher in Epidemiology, which includes 12 units of biostatistics and 12 units of epidemiology; AND three (3) or more years (full-time equivalency) of work experience in epidemiology; OR
- Master's degree or higher in Public Health, which includes 12 units of statistics or biostatistics, and 12 units of epidemiology or research; AND five (5) or more years (full-time equivalency) of work experience in epidemiology. AND
- Two (2) or more years (full-time equivalency) of experience leading teams.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Willing and able to work indoors, at a desk/workstation the majority of an 8 hour work day, in an open office environment with possible conversation and other noise distractions, with or without an accommodation.
- Willing and able to work the core business hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, with a scheduled lunch break.
- Willing and able to occasionally work in excess of 40 hours per week to meet program needs and critical deadlines.
- Willing and able to occasionally travel statewide and nationwide to attend meetings and conferences. Individuals interested in applying for this position should visit the complete job announcement at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/washington/default.cfm?action=viewjob&JobID=581151 for more information and instructions on how to apply.
For more info please see http://agency.governmentjobs.com/washington/default.cfm?action=viewjob&JobID=581151
Back to the Job Listings page