Job# 6102 - Research Post Doctoral Fellow at Kaiser Permanente - Temporary (Oakland, CA)
Posted: March 12, 2013
Closes: April 12, 2013
The Kaiser Permanente (KP) Division of Research invites applications for a full-time, limited term Postdoctoral Fellow to join an active research team focused on the epidemiology of HIV/AIDS, effectiveness and risks of long-term antiretroviral therapy use, and the unique health challenges faced by an aging HIV-infected population. The Fellow will work in collaboration with Dr. Michael Silverberg, Research Scientist and Program Lead for the Kaiser Permanente Northern California HIV Registry. The Fellow will be expected to analyze data, write papers, assist in the preparation of grant proposals and help coordinate a variety of studies conducted by the HIV Research team.
The position term is one year, with the possibility to renew for a second year. The successful applicant will have opportunities to further develop his/her epidemiological and analytic skills in an environment supported by an established Research Scientist working in a unique institutional setting.
- Supports well-defined research with minimal supervision from the DOR Research Scientist.
- Prepares draft grant proposals, internal reports and publications independently and collaboratively for review by the Research Scientist.
- Provides input towards study design, develops analysis plans and interpretation of study results for review by the ResearchScientist; may include presentation to TPMG, KFH/P managers and committees.
- May work with Research Scientist to consult with local, state and national voluntary and governmental agencies, or with scientists at other institutions.
- May provide consultation and direction to programmer analysts with regard to data management and analysis strategies.
- Prepares and presents abstracts and papers at national scientific meetings and for publication in scientific journals.
- Seeks consultation from senior scientists for specific scientific and administrative issues.
-MD or PhD in public health, epidemiology, or related field required.
- Must have completed an MD orPhD in public health, epidemiology or related field within two (2) years.
- Proven proficiency in survey research methodology/research study design, hypothesis testing and qualitative data interpretation and application.
- Proven proficiency in computer applications in PC-based and mainframe environments.
- Must be able to create reports, review charts, construct questionnaires, interpret data, and interview participants.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and basic biostatistics.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Clinical and/or research experience involving the the epidemiology or clinical management of HIV/AIDS or infectious diseases is preferred.
- Preference will be given to applicants with strong analytic and writing skills, including a demonstrated ability to publish papers and write successful grant proposals.
For more info please see http://kp.jobs/oakland-ca/research-post-doctoral-fellow-temporary/34390418/job/
Back to the Job Listings page