Job# 6649 - Assistant Professor, Health Education and Promotion Domain (Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, Singapore)
Posted: April 29, 2013
Closes: May 28, 2013
The research focus of the Health Education and Promotion Domain within SSHSPH is to design, implement and evaluate interventions to promote health and well-being of the community.
We are looking for candidates engaged in research on behavioural and community interventions related to obesity and diabetes prevention, with special emphasis in one or more of these areas:
- To enhance built environments with designs that promote physical activity and improve wellbeing. We want to develop designs and programs that would encourage individuals to be active in both indoors and outdoors.
- To assist in positive habit formation. We hope to develop new ideas and interventions that will help individuals to form health promoting habits, whether dietary, physical activity, or self-care
- To activate social networks and group influence to encourage positive health behaviour in the families, communities or workplaces.
- To incorporate mobile technology to promote positive health behaviour.
- To pilot and develop effective, sustainable and implementable programs in the community, home, and worksite settings.
Required qualifications are:
- an earned doctoral degree in a social science discipline (e.g., psychology, sociology, anthropology), design, informatics, or public health;
- ability to generate and maintain an independent stream of research funding;
- experience in multidisciplinary research;
- experience in working with culturally diverse populations
- three or more years' experience in public health research or practice;
- first author publications in international peer-reviewed journals; and
- evidence of ability to teach courses relevant to public health
Responsibilities include: establishing - independent research agenda through extramural funding; developing a collaborative, multidisciplinary research; creating curricula and teaching, advising in a graduate program, and providing service to the community and field of public health.
Applicants should send a statement of interest, curriculum vitae and names of three references to: Jananie Audimulam (Ms) Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health National University of Singapore MD3, 16 Medical Drive Singapore 117597 Email: email@example.com
For more info please see http://www.sph.nus.edu.sg/index.php
Back to the Job Listings page