Job# 6668 - Research Assistant, Changes in Health Care Financing and Organization (Washington, DC )
Posted: May 3, 2013
Closes: July 7, 2013
AcademyHealth, the professional home for health services researcher and policy analysis, is currently seeking a Research Assistant to provide staff support for the Changes in Health Care Financing and Organization (HCFO) initiative, a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation-sponsored program. This program funds research that examines major changes in health care financing and organization, and their effects on cost, access and quality. It also bridges the gap between research and policy by translating findings and disseminating them to appropriate stakeholders. The Research Assistant would assist with a variety of administrative and substantive tasks to support HCFO's grantmaking, convening a nd dissemination activities. In addition, the incumbent would provide support to other major program and projects of AcademyHealth.
- Managing grant application process: coordinating logistics for incoming proposals, contacting potential reviewers, providing grant management support, and managing communication and publicity of grantee findings.
- Performing a wide range of administrative tasks, including scheduling meetings and conference calls, creating, updating, and maintaining organized files and records, managing mailings, sorting and prioritizing incoming mail, and other related tasks.
- Providing logistical support for meetings, webinars and briefings, including coordinating travel and lodging arrangements for participants and preparing and disseminating materials;
- Writing articles for newsletters and website, and coordinating and sending HCFO's monthly e-newsletter.
- Drafting findings and issue briefs.
- Creating and formatting tables, charts, presentations and other graphics.
- Conducting Internet research.
- Maintaining and updating program website and grants databases.
- Supporting the program's communication strategy using social media (Facebook, Twitter) and other dissemination tools.
- Assisting with review of grant proposals.
- Conducting other administrative and research activities in support of AcademyHealth projects.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university required.
- Some internship or other relevant work experience. Experience in a health policy setting a plus.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain a system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Professional interest in health policy, public policy, public health, or health care issues.
- Mature, detailed-oriented individual able to work both independently and with a team.
- Experience with balancing and supporting the administrative needs of multiple individuals.
- Demonstrative experience using and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The salary range is $39,000- $42,000.
Applications: Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, writing sample and three references (with phone numbers) to Human Resource Director, AcademyHealth, 1150 17th Street NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20036. Fax: 202-292-6800. Email: email@example.com. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying.
For more info please see http://www.academyhealth.org
Back to the Job Listings page