Job# 6669 - Research Assistant, Health Policy (Washington, DC )
Posted: May 3, 2013
Closes: June 15, 2013
AcademyHealth, the professional home for health services researcher and policy analysis, is currently seeking a Research Assistant to assist senior-level staff with a variety of tasks – primarily to support two ongoing projects. One involves cultivation of a learning network comprised of 50 research teams engaged in patient centered outcomes research (PCOR), and the other supports the evaluation of CHIPRA demonstration grants to identify effective strategies for improving the health and health care of children. The incumbent will also provide support to other major programs and projects of AcademyHealth as needed.
- Providing logistical support for workshops, conferences, and Web conferences, including preparation and dissemination of materials; taking notes at meetings; and development of meeting summaries.
- Conducting library and Internet research, and developing and maintaining endnote libraries.
- Performing a wide range of administrative tasks, including scheduling meetings and conference calls; helping invited speakers and experts with travel and logistics; creating, updating, and maintaining organized files and records; and other related tasks.
- Maintaining and updating project Web sites, online tools, and databases.
- Assisting in the development of findings summaries, reports, and issue briefs.
- Assisting in the development of speeches and other formal presentations.
- Drafting articles and ads for newsletters, publications (including peer reviewed publications) and Web sites.
- Creating and formatting tables, charts, presentations and other graphics.
- Conducting other administrative and research activities in support of AcademyHealth projects.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university required.
- Some internship or other relevant work experience, preferably in a health care policy or research setting.
- Professional interest in health policy, public policy, public health, and/or health care issues.
- Mature, detail-oriented individual able to work both independently and in teams.
- Experience with balancing and supporting the administrative needs of multiple individuals.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Strong organizational and analytic skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain a system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Demonstrated experience using the Word suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Demonstrated knowledge of 508 compliance is a plus.
The salary range is $39,000- $42,000.
Applications: Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, writing sample and three references (with phone numbers) to Human Resources Director, AcademyHealth, 1150 17th Street NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20036. Fax: 202-292-6800. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying. For more information, please go to www.academyhealth.org.
For more info please see http://www.academyhealth.org
Back to the Job Listings page