Student Health Insurance Plan
The University provides two different Student Health Insurance
Plans. (email@example.com or
206-543-6202 for questions). Visits outside Hall Health have higher deductibles.
Insurance can be purchased:
(1) In Autumn Quarter for the full year. If you purchase it on a yearly basis you will have insurance for all four quarters even if you are not
registered in Summer, though higher Hall Health fees apply if you are not registered; or
(2) Quarterly, which only provides coverage for the duration of that quarter.
- Payment is due when tuition is due.
- The deadline for enrollment and cancellation is the 7th calendar day of the quarter.
- Enroll through MyUW.
International Students must sign up for SHIP to register.
Waiving SHIP for eligible International Students: Student insurance can be waived for those with Graduate Appointee (GAIP) or Faculty/Staff
- Student Insurance for international students will not be waived for any other plans besides GAIP and Faculty/Staff Insurance.
- It will be waived automatically for students holding RA/TA/SA positions that total 20 hours/week or more for the quarter.
- Predoctoral trainees and postdoctoral fellows should contact Epidemiology Program Office at
firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 4th day of the quarter to request a waiver each
quarter they qualify.
- We will need your official name, employee ID, student number and type of insurance.
- Student insurance cannot be waived after the 5th business day of the quarter.
This page was last updated on
May 24, 2011