Epi Soul logo image Epi Soul logo image
  1. UW Home |
  2. SPH  |
  3. Other Departments |
online giving


Student Parent Resource Center

The Childcare Assistance Program 206-543-1041, provides financial assistance for childcare and lactation/changing stations on campus. Childcare providers are listed on the website.

Childcare Vouchers

Depending on need and family situation, some students are eligible for childcare vouchers. To apply, file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available at www.washington.edu/students/osfa/ by the financial aid priority filing date (usually February 1) and a Childcare Request Form to the Childcare Assistance Program (see above). The receipt deadline for the application and the federally - evaluated FAFSA is in late May, including for new students. At least 3 weeks lead time for FAFSA processing is required. Please note that not all students with financial need receive vouchers the office.

Information: http://www.washington.edu/students/osfa/currentug/child.care.php
It seems that you may still apply.

Student Parent Resource Center
Room 180 Schmitz Hall (206-543-1041)
Office hours are Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.; 12 noon - 5 p.m.
Includes licensed day care centers and changing stations.
See URL above.

Mildly ILL Child Care

Tender Loving Care
Virginia Mason Hospital
Temporaryily ill childcare. Reservations are required in advance or early on the morning of illness. It fills quickly each day during the winter months. It is low cost for faculty, staff, and union RA/TA/SA's. It is also open to public, including UW students, for higher fees. A one-time registration form and fee are required. Online reservation is available. (Highly contagious or seriously ill children may be refused, depending on the judgement of the staff.)

Return to New Student Website
Return to Student Life

This page was last updated on September 17, 2013