Required UW NetID
The UW NetID provides access to many online resources, including registration, email, housing, etc.
- All students MUST have a UW NetID and let firstname.lastname@example.org know it as soon as it is set
- It is required for UW housing, registration, student accounts, libraries and much more.
- If you are a UW faculty/staff member, use your work email, unless you wish to set up another email to use as a student.
Obtaining a UW NetID
You must have the following prerequisites to obtain a NetID:
- Accepted an admission offer by logging back into your application. Do not pay the deposit if you are considering changing
entry quarters or you are not sure you will come. It is non-refundable;
How to Set up UW NetID
- A UW NetID is required to register.
- Your Student Number Required. If you have misplaced it, email email@example.com.
- Your Personal Access Code Required: Log back into your application after paying the enrollment deposit. Click on status to
obtain your PAC.
- If you are unable to obtain it, call Registration Office at 206-543-8580 (press 0 to skip voice mail). Your student number
is required to obtain a new PAC. Epidemiology cannot handle this for you.
- Visit Accounts and Passwords to set up your UW NetID.
- Your login name is limited to 8 characters.
- Read more about UW NetID services/options on above page.
- You must choose UW Outlook Live or UW Google Apps as your email
server unless you are a UW faculty/postdoc fellow or staff.
- You may forward your UW email to another account.
- Enter your email in the Registration system so the UW as a whole will have it.
Epidemiology cannot do this for you. (Privacy options are available.)
- If you will be/are a UW employee and have an Employee ID (EID), also enter your email into Employee Self Service at
http://myuw.washington.edu so it appears in the UW Directory and Payroll can
access it. (Privacy options are available).
- Send your UW email address right away to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page was last updated on
April 19, 2012