Instructions for the Use of University Facilities Form
Use of University Facilities Form |
Form Instructions |
Contacts / UW Venue Operators
A Request for Use of
University Facilities electronic form is required for all non-University individuals
and/or organizations that desire to use UW facilities, and for campus departments
and organizations holding events open to non-University community members. (Exceptions are regularly scheduled
University events such as the graduation ceremony, sporting events, and School
of Drama productions.)
Reservation and Approval Procedures
Before completing the electronic form, the individual making the request should: (1) contact the venue operator to determine whether the venue is available, and (2) gain the approval of a University sponsor.
The electronic form should then be filled out as completely as possible prior to submission.
To gain approval to use a University facility:
- The electronic Use of University Facilities Form is completed and submitted at least three weeks prior to the date of the event.
- When completed, the electronic form is forwarded automatically by email to the University sponsor for his or her approval or disapproval. If approved, the electronic form is then forwarded automatically to the venue operator.
- When the form is received by the venue operator, he or she verifies that the space has been reserved.
- The form is then forwarded automatically to the Chair of the Use of University Facilities Committee for final approval or disapproval.
- The requestor and the sponsor receive confirmation of the form's final approval or disapproval. The venue manager may check on the status of the form at any time, through the UUF calendar and system.
Questions regarding the reservation and approval process may be directed to the venue operators or to the Chair of the Use of University Facilities Committee (or his/her designee) at Box 352230, WA 98195-1241 (206) 543-9233 or by email at
Support Services Information
Phone numbers for further information.
For audio/visual equipment/staff contact:
- Classroom Support Services 206-543-9900
- South Campus Center 206-543-0530
- Husky Union Building (HUB) 206-543-8191
- Health Sciences Classroom Services 206-543-6729
Instructions for completing the Use of University Facilities Form:
The instruction provided below match the numbers on the electronic form.
- Department or Organization:
- Name of the department or organization making the request. Please check one of the boxes for the organization type.
- Name of the individual who is making the request (event coordinator).
- Telephone number(s) of the event coordinator.
- Email address of the event coordinator.
- Complete billing address for the requesting organization and/or the name of the user's UW budget.
- Provide the UW budget number for the department or organization, if applicable.
- Provide a brief description of the event.
- Provide the names of the principal instructors, lecturers, artists or performers participating in the event.
- Provide information regarding the preferred venue and time of the event. Regarding "additional information," check each box that applies to the event; provide specific information regarding the use of alcohol and sound amplification.
- Parking: Provide an estimate of the number of buses or other vehicles that are expected, as well as the number of spaces that will be needed for persons with disabilities.
- Fees: Provide specific information about whether fees will be charged and/or donations accepted. If fees for donations are accepted, what are the purposes? (e.g., fundraising, cost recovery, artist fees)
- Provide the name of the name of the sponsoring academic or administrative unit.
- Name of Authorized Representative for Sponsoring Unit. Note: University regulations require preliminary approval by an academic or administrative unit. See WAC 478-136-025. The individual who provides preliminary approval must either have the authority to act on behalf of their academic or administrative unit, or obtain that authority in the form of written delegation from the person who has it. If an individual identifies him or herself as the representative authority to speak for the Sponsoring Unit, the UUF Committee will assume that the individual has the authority to do so. If you do not have such authority, you should seek it in writing from the person who does (or have that person provide preliminary approval).
If you are representing a Registered Student Organization, your sponsor is Ms. Rene Singleton, sniglet at u.washington.edu
- Provide the email address of the University sponsor. (Please note: the form will only accept washington.edu email addresses).
- Provide the email address of the person who is authorized to represent the requesting organization. This will serve as an electronic signature.