FAMED 699 - WWAMI Family Medicine Clinical Elective
WWAMI Network Family Medicine Special Electives (*, max. 24)
Students must successfully complete all required Clerkship courses to register for FAMED 699
Supplemental experience in rural/urban practice or a family medicine department in a setting not already established through the family medicine curriculum.
Visiting student CANNOT take a 699 elective. Both 697 and 699 electives are only open to UW students. Non-UW students may register for sub-internships(Famed 688) or other electives based in the residency programs that are approved by the Curriculum Office. Please visit the Visiting Students page for a full summary of the School of Medicine's policy: http://www.uwmedicine.org/education/md-program/visiting-students.
Clinical Elective Check List
This checklist and accompanying application materials will be satisfactory completed before you are given departmental approval to enroll in Family Medicine 699 clinical elective. After completing the checklist, send your packet to the clinical electives coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Courses are offered in two or four week schedule blocks. REVIEW the Clinical Calendar Schedule for a possible dates you would be available to enroll.
- Fill out the 699 WWAMI special elective form.
- FIND a rotation and CONFIRM the dates of your clerkship and DISCUSS your learning goals and clinical responsibilities with your primary preceptor and confirm the dates of your rotation.
- STATE your learning goals for the rotation and a brief description of your activities/responsibilities
- If you are not going to a residency site, obtain a completed Family Medicine Clinical Liability form from your primary preceptor (If he or she does not already have a clinical faculty appointment in Family Medicine. Click here to check on their clinical faculty status)
- If you are not going to a residency site, have your primary preceptor submit a Clinical Preceptor Application (If he or she does not already have a clinical faculty appointment in Family Medicine) to the department of Family Medicine.
- DOWNLOAD the Clinical Evaluation Form and SIGN the Student Evaluation Contract for Clinical Electives
After your course has been reviewed and approved, we will contact Academic Affairs.