RUOP III - 3
Fulfill your III requirement as part of a R/UOP experience
Students can complete their SOM Independent Investigative Inquiry Option 3 (III-3) by integrating a community medicine project into their RUOP experience.
- Students do not identify a project until they arrive on site.
- Students complete a two-part community assessment both before and after arriving on site.
- With community input, each student identifies a public health problem and develops an intervention project using the Community Oriented Primary Care (COPC) method.
- Each student has a III-3 faculty mentor to guide them through the process. They access each other through a special web interface.
- Students submit journals about their learning experiences via the internet and III-3 faculty mentor respond.
- Students develop an academic poster of their work and present it at the Annual Medical Student Poster Session on the UW campus in the fall.
All assignments are completed independently and uploaded to III-3 faculty via the internet.