R/UOP III - 3
Fulfill your III requirement as part of a R/UOP experience
Students can complete their SOM Independent Investigative Inquiry Option 3 (III-3) by integrating a community medicine project into their R/UOP experience.
- Students do not identify a project until they arrive on site.
- Students complete a two-part community assessment both before and after arriving on site.
- With community input, each student identifies a public health problem and develops an intervention project using the Community Oriented Primary Care (COPC) method.
- Each student has a III-3 faculty mentor to guide them through the process. They access each other through a special web interface.
- Students submit journals about their learning experiences via the internet and III-3 faculty mentor respond.
- Students develop an academic poster of their work and present it at the Annual Medical Student Poster Session on the UW campus in the fall.
See III-3 Assignments for more specific information.
All assignments are completed independently and uploaded to III-3 faculty via the internet.