Targeted Rural Underserved Track (TRUST)
In the News
Haiti: Home of her Heart
- Analiesse Isherwood, E11 Washington TRUST Scholar
Listen to what TRUST Scholar Kaycee Gardner has to say about the TRUST program
A UW School of Medicine Program Administered by the Department of Family Medicine
The Targeted Rural Underserved Track (TRUST) seeks to provide a continuous connection between underserved communities, medical education, and health professionals in our region. Our initial goal is to create a full-circle pipeline by guiding qualified students through a special curriculum that connects underserved communities in Washington, Montana and Idaho to the University of Washington School of Medicine (UWSOM) and its network of affiliated residency programs(Family Medicine, General Internal Medicine, including Boise Internal Medicine and Billings Internal Medicine, and Pediatrics) in an effort to help meet the workforce needs of the region. As the program develops, we hope to expand its scope to include Wyoming and Alaska.
Information about TRUST:
- To train University of Washington WWAMI medical students for careers working in rural and other underserved areas of Washington, Montana and Idaho.
- Targeted separate admissions process that links students from and back to underserved communities.
- Links with existing UW courses and programs such as Underserved Pathway, RUOP and WRITE as a vital component of TRUST.
- Key clinical programs occur in continuity community.
- TRUST links Scholars with residency programs that have an underserved training focus.
- Links with communities to identify and promote their needs and resources for health workforce training.
TRUST is administered by the UWSOM Department of Family Medicine and the Montana, Eastern Washington and Idaho Regional Offices.
Thanks to our major sponsors who have made TRUST possible:
Faculty and staff of University of Washington working in Montana, Washington and Idaho, especially our partners in regional TRUST continuity communities:
Washington Academy of Family Physicians and it's Foundation
Montana Area Health Education Centers
Montana Blue Cross/ Blue Shield
HRSA through two Title VII Grants
Washington Area Health Education Centers
Idaho Medical Association