Information for 2015 Applicants
Greetings to UWSOM Applicants of Class Entering 2015 (E-15)
We encourage you to consider our award-winning Targeted Rural Underserved Track (TRUST). The aim of this program is a focused medical school experience in rural underserved care, with the hope that physician graduates will return to practice in the underserved rural and small cities of WWAMI (Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho).
As a TRUST student, you will have many opportunities to experience the joys and satisfaction of rural practice:
- Spend 1-2 weeks in a summer experience before you begin courses
- Return to your continuity community for short periods throughout the Foundation Phase (first 18 months) of your medical training
- Complete one or more selective courses on Rural Health during the Foundation Phase
- Return to your TRUST continuity community for two key continuity experiences:
- Participate in our Rural Underserved Opportunities Program (R/UOP), a one-month program during your Foundation Phase
- Participate in WWAMI Rural Integrated Training Track (WRITE) during 18+ weeks of the Patient Care Phase of your medical school training.
If you are strongly interested in underserved medicine in a rural or small city, you should apply to TRUST. If you have further questions, please get in touch with your regional contact from the list below.
|Tom Greer, MD, MPH
Professor and Director of Medical Student Programs
Department of Family Medicine
|Suzanne Allen, MD, MPH
Vice Dean for Regional Affairs
Clinical Professor, Department of Family Medicine
Regional TRUST Contacts: