Students from the “Students in the Community” project advocate for better health care for the underserved.
Sharon Dobie, M.D., M.C.P.
David Evans, M.D.
Tom Greer, M.D., M.P.H.
Jaime L. Fitch
UP Info & Requirements for E14 (and before) Students here.
NEW UP Mentor Guide here.
NEW UP Mentor Memo: Fall 2015 here.
NEW UP Student Memo: Fall 2015 here.
The public may view Underserved Pathway modules here.
- Preclinical, clinical, and service learning experiences with underserved and vulnerable populations.
- Guidance and support from an Underserved Pathway mentor.
- Unique web-based curriculum to build a knowledge base about issues that affect underserved and vulnerable populations not typically covered in the medical school curriculum.
- Dedicated Underserved Pathway advisors including faculty physicians and a program coordinator.
- Opportunities to collaborate with other students interested in careers working with underserved populations.
- Certificate of Completion upon successful completion of Pathway requirements, given at graduation.
- Acknowledgment in Hooding Ceremony program
- Recognition in Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE/Dean’s Letter)