UW NetID and Library Access
- Click on the Healthlinks Login link in the right column of any residency network page or use the Off-Campus Access link within Healthlinks http://healthlinks.washington.edu
- Enter your UW NetID login and password
Note that the Off-Campus Access link now says You are Logged In and the address shown in your browser window includes “80” and "offcampus.lib" Do I have a UW NetID? Your UW NetID is your personal identification for using UW online resources. You only need to set up a UW NetID once. If you already created a UW NetID but forgot your password, reset your password online or call UW Computing directly at 206-221-5000. How do I get a UW NetID? Your residency program coordinator will give you a private access code (PAC) you may use to obtain a UW NetID. There is a special website for FMRN residents that will walk you through setting up a UW NetID, but you must know your PAC before beginning. Also keep in mind that these PACs expire if not used within about 60 days. If your PAC is not working, please contact UW Computing at 206-221-5000; identify yourself as a medical resident and they should be able to reset your PAC. Hints for using the proxy
- Use the forward and backward buttons on your browser to move around.
- Do not use your Home button, your favorites or bookmarks.
- When you go to an external resource (eg ejournal, textbook), a new window will open. Be sure to log out if needed and close that new window when you are finished with the resource. Return to the HealthLinks window to continue your session.
- If you fall out of the offcampus proxy space and no longer see the special url or the You are Logged In message, then click on the Off-Campus Access link to re-enter.
- At the end of your session, be sure to close your browser windows completely so that others cannot use your access.
For more information, read the New Proxy FAQ. How do I get assistance?
- Problems with a forgotten password (for those who once had a UW NetID)
- Reset your password online or call UW Computing at 206-221-5000
- Problems with the UWNetID form
- Call UW Computing at (206) 543-5970 - firstname.lastname@example.org be sure to identify yourself as a UW medical resident
- Questions about libraries content, resources & access
- Sarah Safranek, Information Management Librarian phone: (206) 543-3408
- Additional help with UW NetIDs and Network online resources
- Amanda Harris or Tiffany Jones or call the general Network line at (206) 685-1856