Frequently Asked Questions
- When are applications due?
January 15, 2014.
- Who will be considered for acceptance?
U.S. Family medicine physicians who are Board-Certified or Board-Eligible.
- Is the Fellowship ACGME-accredited?
- How many Fellows each year do you accept?
- When are applicants notified regarding acceptance?
March 14, 2014.
- What will the academic title of the Fellow be?
The Fellow will be a Senior Fellow and Acting Instructor within UW’s Dept. of Family Medicine.
- Will the Fellow have a continuity clinic?
Yes. The Fellow is scheduled for four half-days of clinic and one half-day of precepting (serving as consultant for residents) each week.
- What clinical opportunities during the Fellowship are available?
Local TB, HIV, ID, and Family Medicine clinics with low-resource populations are available (at some, serving as provider; at some, shadowing provider
- How much time can the Fellow spend outside of Seattle?
The Fellow may spend up to two months away for clinical and/or research activities.
- Are formal courses during Fellowship available?
Yes. A one-month global health leadership course, as well as other courses, are available through the Department of Global Health at UW.
- What salary will the Fellow receive?
Salary will be that of a Senior Fellow. In 2012-13, the salary was approximately $57,000.
- What benefits are included?
The Fellow will have the benefits as per the rank of Senior Fellow; these are summarized on the UW benefits site, and include medical and dental
insurance, three weeks paid vacation, one week paid CME, and $2,000 for CME.
- When was the Fellowship founded?
Our first Fellow began August 1, 2012