We asked current Foster students to tell us why they chose Foster, what they like to do for fun, and to share advice with potential applicants. Meet Master of Science in Entrepreneurship student Keisha Credit.
1) Where are you from?
Born and raised in Seattle!
2) What did you do before entering this program?
I graduated from the UW in 2011 with a double major in communication and sociology. I then entered the workforce as a program manager at Microsoft. Three years in, I decided to leave corp to start my own business and I have been a serial entrepreneur since then!
3) Did you have any entrepreneurship experience before entering this program?
Yes! I would definitely consider myself a serial entrepreneur. I’ve started four companies now, sold one, and super passionate about tons of ideas I want to start in the future.
4) Tell us why you are excited to be a part of the inaugural MS in Entrepreneurship class
This program has really shaped and framed my mindset to be a better entrepreneur and leader. I make better decisions and the resources and staff of this program are priceless! They are available for real time help as I encounter different opportunities and challenges in business.
5) What are your thoughts on the entrepreneurship scene in Seattle?
I love Seattle- this is home, and it’s been good to me. With every venture I’ve started, my community has backed and supported me. It’s awesome.
6) What connections are you hoping to make while in the program?
The people they selected to be in this program are true jewels. I have developed long term friendships and we bonded quickly as we went through test and triumphs with our respective lives and businesses.
7) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I’d love to be financially free and able to shape the world around me. Freedom is key to my future goals.
8) What skills and/or knowledge are you looking to develop?
I am here to learn how to scale and grow my business in the best way possible. So far, the tools I’ve acquired through this program have already saved me thousands in mistakes and helped position my business in a noisy market.
9) What do you like to do for fun?
I travel, a lot! I also really enjoy DIY and turning my house into an HGTV scene.
10) What’s been your favorite part of the program so far?
The connects and the way classes are positioned. We are not in a traditional learning environment and I love it.
11) What advice would you give to someone who’s thinking about applying to the MS in Entrepreneurship program?
Go for it! This is the place to be for someone who is ready to take their secret sauce and make some serious business moves. Boss up and level up!
Learn more about the Master of Science in Entrepreneurship program
- Sign up for the MS in Entrepreneurship email list
- Attend an MS in Entrepreneurship admissions event
- Visit the MS in Entrepreneurship website
This post is part of a series where we ask current students to answer 11 questions about their experience at Foster. Stay tuned for more interviews!