“You can’t learn about the world on the internet”
Nothing encapsulates the objective of the Technology Management MBA Program International Study Tour more than this simple statement made by Sekerbank’s VP of Investor Relations & Subsidiaries Department.
Through the TMMBA International Study Tour experience, students experience first-hand that the world is a big place to do business yet small in that it is really all about people and relationships.
The 2011 TMMBA Study Tour included company visits and cultural excursions to Istanbul, Turkey and Munich, Germany. 30 students were exposed to large multinational companies and local and regional companies with all of them putting their TMMBA knowledge to the test with discussions around marketing, entrepreneurship and global strategy.
2011 TMMBA Study Tour at a glance:
- On 3/12 the program kicks off with an Istanbul city tour and boat cruise on the Bosphorus.
- Students meet with Sabanci Holdings, Pozitron and GE and finish the day creating a painting using a technique called marbling.
- Day two in Istanbul takes students to Kordsa Global and Microsoft and for many ends with a traditional Turkish Bath experience.
- The final day in Istanbul includes a visit with Sekerbank and the Spice Market and the Grand Bazaar to practice their negotiating skills.
- Students celebrate their arrival in Munich by enjoying food and drinks at the famous Hofbrauhaus.
- Students start their Munich visits off with a visit to Red Hat and Cisco
- The weekend in Munich includes a guided tour of the city and the Nymphenburg Palace. Many students also take tours to Dachau or Salzburg.
- The final day of the Study Tour includes visits with Ashoka and Knorr-Bremse and BMW World.
- The Study Tour concludes with a festive and celebratory dinner!