The Hybrid MBA program is Foster’s new mostly online MBA , geared towards working professionals who want the rigor and reputation of a Foster MBA, but need the convenience of an online program.
We want to give you the information you need to prepare your best application for admissions. Two parts of your application are the admissions essay and a recommendation. Once your application is complete, competitive candidates will be asked for an interview. For full admissions requirements, go to the Hybrid MBA webpage.
Writing your admissions essay
Two essays are required for the Hybrid MBA application. One serves to assess your capacity for self-reflection and critical thinking and the other your readiness for an online learning environment.
- Be genuine, be yourself. There isn’t a “right” answer to the questions. Each applicant is going to have different reasons for wanting an MBA and will have different examples to share.
- Answer every part of the question clearly. Spelling and grammar will be taken into consideration so ask a friend or trusted colleague to read your essay before your submit it.
- A recommendation is required from your current supervisor or direct supervisor. While completing the online application, you will be asked to designate this person. Once you have designated your recommender, he/she will immediately receive an email from the UW Graduate School prompting him/her to complete an online assessment of you as well as write a letter of recommendation, if desired.
- Prior to designation, we recommend you have a conversation with your current supervisor or manager regarding your application and reasons for pursing a Foster MBA. This is also a great time to discuss the program schedule. It is highly recommended you discuss, in advance, your need to attend the required immersions each quarter.
- The recommendation will provide insight on your communication skills, drive, leadership potential, etc.
If you’d like more information about the Hybrid MBA, please join us for an online Info Session. The Hybrid MBA admissions team is here to help you along the way. Connect with us individually or join us for an upcoming Application Workshop for more tips on navigating the admissions process.