Many Microsoft employees have questions about the tuition reimbursement process when joining TMMBA. I would like to share with you the process as it was explained to me by one of our current Class 12 students. You will need to do the pre-approval steps before the quarter starts, and submit all requested information at the end of quarter. See the following steps for the process:
Submit Pre-Approval Request:
- Submit an online pre-approval request within 30 days of the start of your course/program (http://mymicrosoftbenefits>Extras>Tuition Assistance Program>Pre-Approval and Reimbursement). You will need a breakdown of the quarter’s program cost, which is provided to you by TMMBA each quarter.
- After you submit your pre-approval request, ADP (Automatic Data Processing) will send an email message to your manager to verify that you are performing at a satisfactory level in your current job and that your requested coursework is related to your current job.
- Your manager will have 10 days to respond to the email message. ADP will notify you after a response is received.
Submit Reimbursement Request:
- After your course is completed, submit your grades and any additional course fees to ADP online.
- Send the required supporting documentation listed below to ADP via an email message, fax, or regular mail, within 90 days from the course completion date.
- Reimbursement Request form as cover sheet
- Grade report (UW has an online student portal called MyUW where you can access grade reports)
- Itemized receipts for tuition and other eligible fees ( Provided by TMMBA by the end of the quarter)
After you submit all required documents and your request is approved, ADP will mail reimbursements to your home address within 7 – 10 business days.