UW Front-end Technologies Community of Practice
For more information, email email@example.com.
The UW Front-end Technologies Community of Practice meet on most first Fridays of the month at 10:00 a.m.
Fall 2017 meetings
- No September meeting
- Friday, October 6th, 2017; 10:00 - 11:30; UW Tower, Visitor's Dining Room
SCSS in the land of Angular-CLI and Bootstrap: Griffin Wesler, UX Designer/Developer with UW Medicine, will share how he sets up the SCSS hierarchy/workflow to work with Angular, Bootstrap 4, webpack, and NPM.
- Friday, November 3rd, 2017; 10:00 - 11:30; UW Tower, Visitor's Dining Room
- Friday, December 1st, 2017; 10:00 - 11:30; UW Tower, Visitor's Dining Room
Topic requests gathered from survey
Two highly requested topics throughout all of the suggested topics were:
- Responsive design and techniques
Also, throughout the topics below, requests were common for beginner information and UW best practices.
- Node / io js
- Client-side MVC apps and frameworks
- jQuery topics
- Evaluations of niche libraries (moment.js, resumable.js, etc)
- Ajax, JSON, API service integration, JS talking to web services to power client-side dynamic content/interaction
- Data visualization: D3, Leaflet
- Animation frameworks and techniques
- Game development
- New features in ECMAScript
- New things that can be done with CSS3 and HTML5 (practical application of bleeding edge standards and what is deprecated)
- CSS3 Animation
- HTML5 canvas and video tag
- HTML5 as a replacement to Flash
- SVG Animation
- Task automation and build steps, concatenating, minifying, cache-busting.
- Test automation, unit testing
- Code organization
- Performance and optimization, performance profiling
- UW branding standards for Web applications