Papers and Presentations
A significant portion of the purpose of the Genetic Services Policy Project is to disseminate information. A complete list of our dissemination activities is available. In addition, we have compiled a list of GSPP papers and presentations.
GSPP Clinical Case Study Summaries
GSPP Clinical Case Study Vignettes
GSPP Clinical Case Study Policy Briefs
GSPP Papers and Articles
- Carlson, Josh J.; Henrikson, Nora Beidler; Veenstra, David L.; Ramsey, Scott. "Economic analyses of human genetics services: A systematic review." Genetics in Medicine. 7(8):519-523, October 2005. (Abstract)
- Carlson, Rick J. "Preemptive Public Policy for Genomics". Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law 33: 39-51. February 2008.
- Garcia, Greg. "A Challenge to the Delivery of Genetic Services: Liability for Negligent Delivery of Reproductive Services." A white paper. May 2008.
- Genetic Services Policy Project. "Features: The Genetic Services Policy Project." Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs' newsletter, Perspectives. May 13, 2005.
- Ramsey, Scott D.; David L. Veenstra; Rick Carlson; Josh Carlson, et al. "Toward Evidence-based Assessment for Coverage and Reimbursement of Laboratory-based Diagnostic and Genetic Tests." American Journal of Managed Care. 2006;12:197-202. April 2006. (Abstract) (Full text)
- Veenstra, David. "Pharmacogenomic testing to prevent aminoglycoside-induced hearing loss in cystic fibrosis patients: potential impact on clinical, patient, and economic outcomes. " Genetics in Medicine, 9(10):695-704, October 2007.
- Wang, Grace. "The role of genetics in the provision of essential public health services." American Journal of Public Health, 97 (4):620.
(Abstract) (Full text)
- Wang, Grace. "Utilization trends of genetic clinics excluding prenatal services in Washington State, 1995-2004." Genetics in Medicine, 9(10):713-718, October 2007.
- Senator Obama (D-IL) introduced a comprehensive Genomics and Personalized Medicine Act of 2006. GSPP summary Full text
GSPP State Genetic Profiles
We have compiled a table outlining the genetic services and demographics of each state. All 50 state genetic profiles are available here.