Art with Heart creates and distributes therapeutic books and offers supportive trainings that are aimed at helping high-risk children and youth learn to manage their emotions and stress, and express their needs in healthy ways. We are a charitable 501c3 nonprofit organization.
Our books are unique in that they combine engaging art with therapies that help youth cope with overwhelming feelings – even in the midst of crisis, such as after a diagnosis of cancer, a natural disaster, or the tragedy of a school shooting. In this way, Art with Heart supports their emotional and social growth, paving the way for success in school and in life.
The need for Art with Heart’s work is driven by the approximately 17 million children in the U.S. alone that are experiencing special health care needs or mental health disorders. Of this number, at least 4 million (1 in 5) suffer from a serious mental illness that impacts their ability to function in school and in life. But of this number, only 20% receive the mental health services they need; 80% are left behind. Art with Heart fills the void by providing tools that help bridge this gap.
This key position requires you to add value and streamline processes as you systematize, coordinate and become the “right-arm” for Art with Heart leaders. The key to this role will be your proven ability to manage multiple responsibilities while working independently in a fast-paced environment. As a professional with experience working with Executives, you understand the importance of prioritizing and professionalism. You are exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs. Sensitivity when handling potential donors and volunteers is imperative, as is your project and calendar management skills on all pending activities to ensure deadlines are properly met. Your ability to interact with staff (at all levels), sometimes under pressure, remaining calm, proactive, solution-oriented, resourceful and efficient, is crucial to this role. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
– 5+ years of support experience in a fast-paced, professional services, nonprofit, sales or marketing environment
– Superior work ethic with time management and organizational skills and a successful track record proving your ability to create and/or modify processes, manage multiple calendars, meet deadlines, etc.
– A professional, yet warm and engaging demeanor with superb interpersonal skills, the ability to maintain excellent relationships with donors, clients, staff, board members, and volunteers, and an ability to help foster a holistic work environment
– A proven ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, and be accountable for results
– Superior oral and written communication with solid knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
– A team player, with excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills, accurate typist
– Efficient, detail-oriented, proactive, and confident
– Engaging, responsive, able to multi-task, and have a great sense of humor
– Proficient on Mac, using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Entourage, and are quick to learn new database software
– Not allergic to dogs (!)
– Perform clerical functions such as preparing timely correspondence and informational packets, filing, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings
– Perform data entry as well as manage and maintain master calendar of events and deadlines in order to coordinate workflow
– Recruit, train, and manage interns and volunteers, providing guidance and assistance on an ongoing basis
– Maintain office and event supply checklist, pack for/attend events/tradeshows
– Fulfill additional, miscellaneous tasks as needed, such as online research, errands, creation of supportive documents, coordinate with vendors, obtaining bids when necessary, etc.
Send 1 page cover letter summarizing your experience and why you are the best candidate for the job, along with your resume and 5 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.