One of our major clients is seeking a web application architect with strong development skills. Our client typically performs services work in state and local governments on projects related to geospatial technologies. They are looking for someone with strong skills, high integrity, and desire to work in a professional virtual office setting.
NOTE: The person hired will work out of their own home office. The ideal candidate will reside in the Western United States, specifically the Pacific or Mountain Time Zones.
• Design, develop, and maintain public-facing or internal web sites and applications through concept, design, and implementation phases.
• Work on improving existing applications as well designing new applications for clients.
• Maintain knowledge of current trends in Web application development.
• Deliver exceptional, quality service to all clients.
• Must have a Bachelors degree in GIS, computer science, or a related field. Bachelors degree with relevant experience may also apply.
• Three or more years of experience with Web application design and programming.
• Demonstrated graphic design skills for Web sites.
• Proven Web design/development experience using XHTML and CSS; an understanding of Web 2.0 concepts.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills. Strong Oracle experience and background desired.
• In-depth Knowledge of GIS technologies, including common data formats for vector, terrain and imagery data types, and GIS applications including ESRI, MapInfo, Oracle Spatial, ERDAS, PCI Geomatics, ER Mapper, etc.
• Understanding of enterprise networking concepts (DNS, TCP, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, DMZ).
• Knowledge of SQL and experience developing queries and data extraction scripts for relational databases is desired.
• Experience designing Web mapping sites and applications of geospatial concepts.
• State Government and Department of Transportation Experience is desired.
Application details on monster.com: http://bit.ly/cIqi2f