CLC fills a unique and important niche as the largest conservation and community building organization dedicated solely to this region. As a national leader, CLC is shaping a future that will flourish environmentally and economically. We partner with thousands of leaders and residents across the region to create healthy, livable and prosperous communities. For over 20 years, CLC has led efforts to conserve more than 172,000 acres of forests, farms, shorelines, parks and natural areas and restore critical landscapes. Cascade Land Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CLC actively seeks candidates from a variety of backgrounds, who are committed to the mission and vision of the organization.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This position works within the Marketing and Outreach Department to provide support to CLC’s community volunteer and youth programs, including our Green City Partnerships. The position will provide general program assistance to the Green City Partnerships and CLC’s Protected Property program. Tasks include managing volunteer data, volunteer recruitment, and online presence for the programs. The position will also work closely with staff to help coordinate our youth engagement programs throughout the region.
CLC Volunteer Stewardship and Education Program 25%
• Provide general assistance in monitoring and responding to CLC’s volunteer inquiries.
• Recruit volunteers for CLC events.
• Work with staff to assist in outreach to educational groups and promoting programs that utilize CLC properties as learning resources.
• Assist the Lands Coordinator as needed with Youth Engagement Field events and Public Field Events.
Green City Partnership Outreach and Community Engagement – 75%
• Assist with public outreach including: press events, fundraising events, and Green City partnerships presentations to stakeholder groups, media, partners, and more.
• Assist in coordination of annual Green Seattle Day event.
• Assist in trainings, volunteer events and volunteer record keeping for all Green City programs.
• Work with City of Kent and CLC staff to develop and implement forest steward program and youth engagement activities through the Green Kent Partnership.
• Assist in the development of a youth and family advisory board and help meet Green Redmond Partnership program goals of engaging more families, diverse community groups, and youth.
• Assist with community outreach related to sites where CLC is developing stewardship plans and other community outreach as needed.
• Assist with volunteer events and community outreach throughout the region for Carbon Mitigation Program.
1. 2+ years of experience in a team setting working with staff, volunteers, agency personnel, resource user groups, and others to accomplish conservation/restoration objectives.
2. Experience working with community members, particularly youth.
3. A bachelor’s degree
4. Familiarity with the Pacific Northwest’s natural ecosystems.
5. The ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary, and to travel frequently throughout Washington state.
6. Demonstrated ability to work independently in an office and field setting.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. Service–oriented with a positive attitude. Courteous, personable and flexible; able to deal effectively and sensitively with a wide range of people.
9. Commitment to working effectively as a contributing member of the team.
10. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
11. Ability to organize and manage diverse and multiple activities, set priorities, and remain flexible under pressure.
12. Must be able to work non-standard hours, including evenings and weekends.
13. Ability to work under physically demanding conditions, including cold and wet weather.
14. Ability to lift 50 lbs. and operate hand and power tools and other mechanical equipment.
15. Valid, insurable drivers license/record.
Subject Line: “Outreach Project Assoc.”