Children’s Home Society of Washington is the state’s oldest statewide, private, not-for-profit organization serving children and families. Our mission is to develop healthy children, create strong families, build engaged communities, and to speak and advocate for children. Each year, the Society serves thousands of children and parents across Washington through a variety of programs.
We are seeking an individual to join CHSW who believes in its mission and is passionate about the services we provide to our consumers. The person must be eager to call into play his/her skills to make a difference in the lives of children and families.
Plans, organizes and assists in the performance of a variety of support and administrative tasks for a region, office, department and/or program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains general office supplies, including inventory and ordering on a regular basis, working with Purchase Specialist
• Monitors and confirms repair service of office equipment, including postal equipment, copiers, fax machines, etc
• Coordinates production of administrative projects, as requested and directed, including copying, binding, filing, etc
• Ensures the efficient sorting and distribution of incoming and outgoing mail; coordinates bulk mailings, including maintenance of multiple postal accounts
• Assists with internal meeting setups, including preparation and cleanup assistance
• May provide front desk reception support including receiving/routing telephone calls and voicemail messages; maintain staff and conference room schedules; provide general information regarding CHSW services and staff
• Special projects and other responsibilities, as requested and/or assigned
• May have lead responsibilities and provide back up coordination of various Support Services operations
• Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must speak Spanish fluently
• Two years of office experience, including working knowledge of standard office machines and procedures
• Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize multiple responsibilities
• Possess strong interpersonal skills including ability to communicate clearly, accurately, and effectively with diverse populations and at levels of personnel
• Ability to exercise good business judgment and discretion
• Proficient in MS Windows, MS Office Suite and Outlook
It is our policy that persons shall not be discriminated against in employment because of ethnicity, race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability. CHSW values diversity and strives to have a diverse work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and Affirmative Action. CHSW actively encourages members of diverse communities to apply, including people of color and LGBTQ individuals.
Notification of the need for Reasonable Accommodation in the application process: If you will need an accommodation to complete the application and/or the interview process, please contact Human Resources at (800)-456-3339 so we can make appropriate arrangements.
To apply online, please visit our website at childrenshomesociety.org