Children’s Home Society of Washington is the state’s oldest statewide, private, not-for-profit organization serving children and families. Our mission is to develop healthy children, create strong families, build engaged communities, and to speak and advocate for children. Each year, the Society serves thousands of children and parents across Washington through a variety of programs.
We are seeking an individual to join CHSW who believes in its mission and is passionate about the services we provide to our consumers. The person must be eager to call into play his/her skills to make a difference in the lives of children and families.
Provides childcare for multicultural, varied-age children during parenting classes and groups. Also, supervises and helps train childcare volunteers. May plan and lead a variety of activities for summer youth program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides childcare during parent classes and groups
• Helps supervise and train childcare volunteers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• HS Diploma or GED equivalent
• Minimum 1-2 years’ childcare experience, programming and/or summer recreation experience is desirable
• Developed sense of responsibility to follow through on commitments
• Must be 18+ years of age
• Enjoy working with children
• Ability to follow spoken and written instructions
• Dependable transportation
• Some Early Childhood education desirable
• Experience working in multicultural settings
• Knowledge of First Aid and CPR procedures
STARTING SALARY: $11.54/hr
OPENING DATE: 12/09/2010
CLOSING DATE: Ongoing-4 Positions
It is our policy that persons shall not be discriminated against in employment because of ethnicity, race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability. CHSW values diversity and strives to have a diverse work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and Affirmative Action. CHSW actively encourages members of diverse communities to apply, including people of color and LGBTQ individuals.
Notification of the need for Reasonable Accommodation in the application process: If you will need an accommodation to complete the application and/or the interview process, please contact Human Resources at (800)-456-3339 so we can make appropriate arrangements.
To apply online, please visit our website at childrenshomesociety.org