OneAmerica is a Seattle-based nonprofit whose mission is to advance the fundamental principles of democracy and justice at the local, state and national levels by building power within immigrant communities in collaboration with key allies. Founded in the wake of September 11, 2001, OneAmerica has grown to become a locally and nationally recognized leader in furthering immigrant, civil and human rights.
OneAmerica is seeking a self-motivated and highly organized Data Entry Assistant to support the organization’s programmatic work through database entry and maintenance and the completion of general administrative functions. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, experienced in data entry and/or database management, knowledgeable on administrative systems and processes, and passionate about social justice. The Data Entry Assistant will report to the Operations Director, but will work in close coordination with the Organizing Team to capture all relevant information in a precise and timely fashion and ensure that the database is maintained at an optimum level. This position entails a schedule of 4-8 hours of work on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month.
Representative tasks and duties include:
• Under the direction of the Operations and Organizing Directors, fulfill all data entry needs associated with the organization’s programmatic work, inputting and updating key information from events and projects in compliance with organizational database protocol
• Generate, modify, and export targeted reports
• Complete record deduplications
• Provide ownership and management of both ongoing and short-term database projects
• Identify areas of opportunity or growth in the database and its organizational usage
• Maintain a user-centered perspective on the database
• Other administrative duties, as needed
• Experience in data entry and/or database maintenance, preferably Salesforce
• Meticulous attention to detail, accuracy and deadlines
• Highest level of discretion in protecting confidential information and preserving database security
• Willingness to take initiative and generate creative solutions to challenges
• Ability to execute routine administrative procedures with a focus on smooth and efficient operation
• Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills and a commitment to professional conduct in all situations
• Ability to work successfully both independently and collaboratively
• Multi-lingual skills preferred
• The above list is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Data Entry Assistant. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
• Passion for social justice and building power in immigrant communities
• Demonstrated direct or relevant experience – knowledge of Salesforce an asset
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite
Pay and start date:
This part-time position offers $12 per hour and is slated to begin in January 2011. The schedule for the role is 4-8 hours on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, January 14. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. In your cover letter, please address how your personal and professional background informs your interest in working with OneAmerica. No phone inquiries, please!
OneAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of color to apply.