Start your New Year in a New Job where making a difference while having fun matters!
Who you are: Professional, Organized, Mature, a People AND Numbers Person, Own a Sense of Humor
Who we are: An educational non-profit in operations for 40 years providing early learning programming, professional development, and educational advocacy. We like to ask good questions, play, think, work hard, take photos, publish, and laugh.
24 Hours per Week
Reports to: Executive Director
Facilitates the financial and safety responsibilities of the center. Manages administrative and supportive functions for the center to ensure quality and meaningful program delivery. Provides support services to the Executive Director, HR/Registrar, Accountant, Faculty, Board of Directors, and fundraising campaigns.
1. Bachelors Degree required, Masters preferred
2. Two years or more of related experience in office management, financial systems, and customer service.
3. Two years or more experience in supervising staff.
4. Two years or more experience providing hardware and software systems support and help desk services. Very strong knowledge of computers, including word processing, database, and spreadsheet software. Experience with QuickBooks a plus.
Ability to establish priorities and to effectively manage multiple tasks. Ability to organize and create systems that are clear, efficient, and transparent. Ability to work collaboratively and to occasionally delegate to volunteers and temporary workers. Ability to effectively manage customer service issues. Ability to train, motivate and supervise others. Interest in and ability to maintain the safety and robust development of children aged 2-10. Ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
ORGANIZATION: attention to details; creation of accurate and consistent work product
JUDGEMENT: independent decision making with appropriate input as needed; ability to work within deadlines; impose boundaries around tasks, time, and ongoing responsibilities yet able to shift quickly to response to pressing matters
RELIABILITY: dependable work attendance; regular communication regarding absences; good work ethic
COMMUNICATION: clear expression in verbal and written correspondence; clarification of urgent and timely matters; transparency in messaging; willingness to discuss precarious or delicate issues and also celebrate successes
COLLABORATION: share office management duties; work well with others in a collegial, warm work environment; enjoy people; courteous and friendly
HUMOR: enjoying the joy and playfulness needed in our work; silliness is a plus!
BALANCE: commitment to both rewarding work and fulfilling home life; reflective
1.Organizes the information flow of AR/AP between the office, families, and the off-site accounting services. Is the “go-to person” for family questions regarding tuition and payments.
2. Oversees IT including systems management and maintenance, data base maintenance, systems back-up protocol and function, problem solving, and staff training. Provides Help Desk support for staff- troubleshooting problems.
3. Hires, trains, and supervises service (kitchen) personnel. Schedules kitchen staff to ensure complete kitchen coverage and smooth, licensing compliant operations.
4.Serves as the “go-to” person for managing and resolving facility and safety issues. Keeps the Emergency Plan updated, ensures timely, monthly fire drills, equipment servicing and inspections necessary for licensing. Maintains and posts the OSHA accidents/injuries/illness log.
5. Acts as the liaison with the landlord and grounds management on maintenance and repair issues.
6.Compiles office schedule ensuring complete office coverage ensuring effective service to program participants.
7. Oversees and maintains documentation for DSHS, SPU, City and third party funding sources. Maintaining DSHS log, sign-in sheet, completing and submitting Annual USDA application (with Registrar), USDA monthly claims.
8. Provides opening or closing duties of the center 2-4 times a week.
9. Supports the Annual fund raising campaign. Generally provides administrative support such as secondary support to donors and volunteers. Ensures accurate and organized campaign/event record-keeping and financials.
10. General Administrative team involvement and support including sharing the duties of answering phones, taking messages, creating and updating forms. Attending all appropriate meetings: admin team meetings, all-staff meetings, in-service, and retreat days. (Expected attendance at 3-4 weekend/evening events per year.)
11. Emergency classroom coverage as needed, quick teacher breaks, bathroom support. Looking after kids brought to office. Sharing the care and maintenance of common areas.
12. Assumes other duties as required for smooth operation of Hilltop.
Please send a resume with a REQUIRED cover letter to email@example.com. Resumes reviewed on a rolling basis, so it is advised to send your materials as early as possible if you are interested. Open until filled.