PATH is an international, nonprofit organization that creates sustainable, culturally relevant solutions, enabling communities worldwide to break longstanding cycles of poor health. PATH’s mission is to improve the health of people around the world by advancing technologies, strengthening systems, and encouraging healthy behaviors.
External Relations’ Communications Department works to amplify and reinforce PATH’s impact. The department includes staff and expertise in five functional areas: online communication, media relations, outreach/events, graphic design, and editing and content development.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant who will provide administrative support for the Communications Director and several team leaders. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Providing scheduling assistance; organizing monthly orientation sessions for new staff, bimonthly departmental meetings, videoconferences, and other meetings.
• Helping to develop and maintain a calendar of departmental projects and deliverables, using SharePoint or a comparable database.
• Compiling and maintaining departmental metrics, project deliverables, and other cross-departmental information.
• Managing materials produced by the department, including maintaining inventories and shipping materials to PATH offices.
• Preparing PowerPoint presentations.
• Providing back-up support for existing support staff, including for the executive assistant for the VP of External Relations.
• Performing special projects as needed.
• Proactive orientation and strong problem-solving skills. Self-motivated.
• Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong proofreading skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to diplomatically communicate with department and team leaders, teammates, and internal clients.
• Excellent computer skills, including demonstrated experience with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience with advanced features of SharePoint preferred.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
AA degree and a minimum of three years of directly related experience within a professional office environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience working with multiple teams, on multiple projects, and toward multiple deadlines strongly desired.
To apply: please visit our employment website at http://www.path.org/employment.php, click on the career site link, search for job code 4394, and apply online. PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
NOTE: Please upload a cover letter and a formatted version of your resume when you create your profile to formally apply for the position.