The mission of the Phinney Neighborhood Association (PNA) is to build community by providing programs, services, and activities aimed at connecting neighbors and fostering civic involvement in the greater Greenwood-Phinney-Ballard Community.
This position is located at our Greenwood Senior Center, 525 N. 85th Street which provides over 85 monthly health-related, educational, recreational and social activities, plus a daily lunch program for older adults.
• Leadership, partnership and teamwork
• Honesty, respect and integrity
• Effective, responsible and sustainable
• Sharing, caring and service
• Joy, laughter and fun!
NURTURING YOUTH, FAMILIES AND SENIORS: Preschool, youth enrichment programs, child care, cooperative preschools, parent education and adult support groups sustain families and build community.
BRINGING PEOPLE TOGETHER: We provide space at the Phinney Neighborhood Center and the Greenwood Senior Center for events, classes and other activities.
ENRICHING LIVES: We stretch the mind and body through educational experiences for all ages.
SUPPORTING ARTS AND CULTURE: An art gallery, dances, concerts and other performances reflect our commitment to the arts.
SERVING OUR COMMUNITY: We maintain a strong volunteer program and deliver services through our soup kitchens, senior center and partnerships with other community organizations.
Position Overview: The GSC Receptionist/Administrative Support position is a half-time (20 hours/wk) position responsible for helping members and community participants that call or come into the Greenwood Senior Center with needs that they may have and also provides support to the GSC staff as needed. This position reports to the GSC Office Manager. Schedule for work: 8:15 AM – 1:45 PM, Tuesday – Friday.
• Be a welcoming presence, receive and respond to phone calls and emails and provide general information about the GSC to members and to the public.
• Work with the Office Manager to provide support to staff.
• Assist Office Manager in overseeing volunteer receptionists.
• Create documents, flyers, and signs for programs and events. Maintain weekly calendar.
• Assist with database entry using Salesforce.
• Respond to inquiries about events, current classes and programs. Assist with scheduling and class registration.
• Process payments for classes, membership, events and donations.
• Occasional daily room set-up for classes and events.
The PNA is seeking an energetic individual whose experience and philosophy closely aligns with the PNA’s mission and values. The candidate should be a communicative and direct individual with interest in working with seniors in a highly collaborative working environment, be flexible, able to multi-task and work independently.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• At least two years receptionist and administrative support experience with a strong customer service background.
• High level of proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, and Excel. Prefer experience with Salesforce.
• Type 60 wpm accurately.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds. Occasional set-up classes and events.
• Experience working in a community center or non-profit setting and with seniors preferred.
• Current First Aid/CPR and Defibrillator and Emergency Preparedness training (provided by PNA if you do not have the training).
• Spanish language competence desirable.
This is an hourly position, 20 hours per week, paying $12-$13 DOE. Benefits include health care, holidays and paid time off. The PNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 5 PM, Thursday,
December 30.. Questions? Please contact Elizabeth Farr, GSC Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.